The detailed policy that follows explains:
- What personally identifiable information of yours may be collected through margaretoleary.com ("Website"), or other outlets through which you may interact with us, (Facebook, Instagram, etc);
- how the information is used;
- with whom the information may be shared and under what conditions;
- what choices you may make regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
- how we attempt to hinder the unauthorized access, deletion, alteration, use or disclosure of your information;
- what to do if you discover inaccuracies in information provided to us and how you can correct such inaccuracies; and
- your privacy rights.
Please read this policy carefully. By visiting our Website you acknowledge and agree to the practices described in this policy. Please note that this policy applies to the way we treat personally identifiable information that we collect through our Website and our services. We cannot and do not make representations about the policies of others whose websites may be linked to Margaret O’Leary and their privacy policies, which can be found on their websites. Under applicable data protection and privacy law, Margaret O’Leary Inc is the controller of personally identifiable information collected from you on this Website.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
You may voluntarily provide personally identifiable information to us in the following ways:
- by filling out various form-fields on our Website;
- by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise using the contact details provided on our Website;
- by joining our mailing list;
- creating an account; or
- providing your information when you purchase goods from us online or in stores.
From time to time, Margaret O’Leary Inc collects personally identifiable information, which may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, postal address; telephone number; details required to respond to your inquiry or resolve your complaint, financial information used to process your order; personal information concerning your interests, opinions, occupation, gender and other demographic information.
Margaret O’Leary Inc does not seek to collect such information from persons under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any such information to us. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under the age of 18 who has provided such information to us, please contact us at email@example.com and we will remove such information from our database as described further below.
In addition, you are not required to provide us with the personally identifiable information we request. If you do not wish to provide such information, you are free not to do so, although that may prevent you from using certain features or taking full advantage of our offerings on our website or through other media. If, after submitting personally identifiable information to us, you wish to "opt-out," please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and inform us of the services you do not wish to receive and we will disable the services according to your instructions and as set forth below in the section titled "Managing Your Information." You can also opt-out of marketing emails by using the 'unsubscribe' link provided in our emails.
Our Website also receives and records information from server logs from your browser or device, not limited to cookie information relating to pages requested, your domain, IP address, date, time and duration of your visit, browser type, operating system and page visits. This information is not automatically collected to try to identify you and we do not associate this information with the information you provide voluntarily. Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be "tracked" online. At this time, we do not modify your experience based on any such signal or broadcast.
Margaret O’Leary Inc uses the information you provide to us to customize advertising and content that we present to you, to contact you concerning specials, abandoned shopping carts and new products, and to enhance our product offerings.
We may share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, as further described in our Information Disclosure and Your Choices/Your Privacy Rights sections below, and subject to any applicable legal obligation to obtain your prior consent. If you wish to opt out of such sharing, please contact us email@example.com and include your name, email address and postal address in your request.
We may disclose information we collect (including Website usage information and personal information) in the following ways:
- to our service providers and suppliers, who collect or use such information for us or on our behalf (such as website or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, email service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, and other similar entities that help us to operate the Website and/or provide functionality, content and services);
- as necessary, if we believe that there has been a violation of the Website Terms and Conditions or any other Website policy, or if we have reason to believe that our rights or property, or the rights or property of any third party, may be or have been harmed;
- to respond to subpoenas; court order or other judicial processes, or to provide information as requested by law enforcement agencies, a regulator, other government authorities, or otherwise as required by law;
- in the event that Margaret O’Leary Inc or substantially all of its assets are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation or other similar corporate reorganization, where your information may be one of the transferred assets;
- to third-party marketers, as permitted by law, unless you direct us not to (please see the Your Choices/Your Privacy Rights section below);
- otherwise, with your permission or as permitted by law.
USING PUBLIC FEATURES OF OUR WEBSITE
Please note that when you contribute to a social, community or other publicly available area or feature of the Website (e.g., if you submit a product rating or review), the information and content that you post may be made available to the general public, depending on your settings (which is why we recommend that you do not submit or post any sensitive personal information, such as your full name, home address, phone number or other information that would enable others to contact or locate you);Content and information that you submit on or through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and other third-party platforms may appear on the Website through feeds from and other interfaces with those platforms. We are not responsible for the information, content and/or privacy practices of any such third-party platforms.
YOUR CHOICES/YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you would like to opt out of receiving direct mail from us contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your account, relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
If you would prefer that we not share your personal information with third-party database managers who may from time to time provide us with marketing support, please contact us at email@example.com. Please include your name and your email and postal addresses. (Note that we never share your payment information with others.) If you request that we stop sharing your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, such request will only apply as of the date of your request, and we cannot be responsible for any communications that you may receive from third parties that received your personal information prior to your request.
ADVERTISING ON THE SITE AND OTHER WEBSITES
We maintain relationships with several social networks and technology companies, currently Facebook, Instagram, Google and Pinterest. These companies have specific Interest-Based Ads programs that match people that have shown interest in Margaret O’Leary Inc through our websites, stores or other services with their profiles on their platforms and properties. If we participate in these programs, we convert your personal information (via hashing, encryption or other similar mechanisms) into a unique, non-personally identifiable value that cannot be re-identified and which can then be matched by the partner company with a user on their platform. This matching allows us to deliver more relevant, interest-based ads to users of those other companies’ platforms.
For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
Different types of cookies are used for different purposes on our Website, these are known as: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, and functionality cookies. Some cookies may be provided by an external third party to provide additional functionality to our Website and these are included below.
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are essential to fulfil an action requested by you, such as identifying you as being logged in. If you prevent these cookies by adjusting your browser settings we cannot guarantee how our Website will perform during your visit.
These are cookies used to improve our Website, for example for analytics that let us see how our Website is being used and where to make improvements. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Website. The information is collected in an anonymous form and includes the number of visitors, where visitors have come from to the Websites and the pages they visited.
These cookies enhance the performance and functionality of our Website, often as a result of something you’re doing as a user. For instance, we may personalize our content for you or remember your preferences.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
You are entitled to request access to and correction of all your personal information collected by us through our Website, as well as to require us to disable the account that contains your data if you no longer want us to process it. You can make such a request or a related inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep your personal information as long as it is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances we may retain your personal information for longer, for instance where required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements. In specific circumstances we may retain your personal information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges. You may choose not to receive unsolicited marketing material from Margaret O’Leary Inc, this can be done by using the 'unsubscribe' link included in our marketing email or by contacting us at email@example.com; and you have the right to request your Margaret O’Leary Inc account information be disabled, subject to our need to keep appropriate archives of our business operations.
Margaret O’Leary Inc employs reasonable measures to maintain all personally identifiable information provided by you on computer servers in a controlled and secured environment in an effort to hinder unauthorized access, loss, alteration, use or disclosure of such information. Unfortunately, the nature of the Internet is such that information may be transmitted over networks without appropriate security measures and may be accessed, deleted, altered, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons at that time.
To protect our customers from fraudulent transactions on our Website, all orders are subject to review and verification. As part of the verification process, an order may be temporarily placed on hold in order to verify order information: that includes, but is not limited to, credit card billing information, which may involve contacting the credit card holder directly.
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS POLICY
Margaret O’Leary Inc may make modifications or amendments to this policy from time to time. We may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to our Web site to notify you of these changes. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Web site periodically. In the event that such changes alter how we gather, process, use, or disclose your personally identifiable information, we will post such changes on our Website.
Margaret O’Leary Inc, our suppliers, licensors, or the original creators of all materials on our Website own all copyrightable subject matter on our Website and all trademarks, patents, proprietary information, technologies, products, processes or other proprietary rights of Margaret O’Leary Inc and/or such other parties. No license to or right in any such copyrights, trademarks, patents, proprietary information, technologies, products, processes and other proprietary rights of Margaret O’Leary Inc and/or other parties is granted to or conferred upon you. In addition, direct linking, deep linking, framing, page-jacking, metatagging, and using a robot, spider or automated device of any kind to monitor or copy our Website is strictly prohibited.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Margaret O’Leary Inc hereby authorizes you only to copy the content herein solely for your personal and private use in learning about, evaluating, or acquiring Margaret O’Leary Inc products. Except where expressly noted, no other permission is granted to print, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, upload, download, store, display in public, alter, or modify the content contained on this Website. Any unauthorized use of any material contained on this Website may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. Any other use of materials on this Website, including reproduction for purposes other than those expressly permitted herein, modification, distribution, or republication, without prior written permission from Margaret O’Leary Inc is strictly prohibited. Any copy made by you as permitted herein must retain all copyright and trademark notices, including any other proprietary notices, contained in the materials. The use of such materials on any other Website or in any environment of networked computers is prohibited.
INFORMATION FOR EUROPEAN UNION ("EU") RESIDENTS
Legal Basis for Processing
All processing (i.e. use) of your personal information is based on one of a number of legal conditions. Generally these will be:
- your consent (for example, to place cookies which process personal information, or for marketing from our third party partners);
- the performance of our contract with you (for example, to process your payment or shipping information in order to fulfil your order);
- compliance with a legal obligation (for example, where we are required to disclose information to a court or a tax authority); and
- our legitimate interests, provided these do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms (for example, where we carry out our own direct marketing to existing customers, subject to your right to opt-out of this at any time).
Rights of EU Residents
Subject to applicable law, as a resident of the EU, you may have some or all of the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- to obtain a copy of your personal information together with information about how and on what basis that personal information is processed;
- to rectify inaccurate personal information (including the right to have incomplete personal information completed);
- to erase your personal information (in limited circumstances, where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed);
- to restrict processing of your personal information where:
- the accuracy of the personal information is contested;
- the processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the personal information;
- we no longer require the personal information but it is still required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
- to challenge processing which we have justified on the basis of a legitimate interest (as opposed to your consent, or to perform a contract with you);
- to prevent us from sending you direct marketing;
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (where that processing is based on your consent);
- to object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing or profiling; and
- to obtain, or see a copy of the appropriate safeguards under which your personal information is transferred to a third country or international organization.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority (for example, the Cnil in France, or the ICO in the United Kingdom).
In relation to all of these rights, please contact us using the details given below. Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavor to respond to your requests within all applicable timeframes.
International Transfers for EU Residents
You should be aware that we are a US headquartered company, and your personal information will routinely be transferred to and stored in the United States for processing.
In relation to both internal transfers and the use of affiliates, service providers or suppliers, if personal information is transferred outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we will take steps to ensure that the information receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EEA, including entering into data transfer agreements, using the EU Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or by relying on certification schemes such as the EU - US Privacy Shield. You may have a right to details of the mechanisms under which your data is transferred outside the EEA.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Margaret O’Leary Inc Lily harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs, losses and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees and legal costs) of any kind arising from or related to your use of the Website and/or your breach of any representation, warranty, or other provision of the Agreement.
By visiting our Website, you agree that the laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and us or any of our affiliates regarding your visit to and use of our Website. Any action relating to the use of the Website or mobile applications must be brought in the state or federal courts located in the County of Marin, California. You consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of any such action.
Under no circumstances will Margaret O’Leary Inc be held liable for any delay or failure in performance due in whole or in part to any acts of nature or other causes beyond our reasonable control.
If any provision of this Policy is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from this Policy and will not affect the enforceability of any other provisions. The failure by us to enforce any right or provision of this Policy will not prevent us from enforcing such right or provision in the future. We may assign our rights and obligations under this Policy including in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale of assets or equity, or by operation of law.