Based in San Francisco, the Margaret O'Leary clothing label has evolved from a specialty knits collection into a full line of innovative knitwear and sportswear. Founded in 1989 as a one-woman operation, Margaret O'Leary has since spurred 15 eponymous boutiques where fans of the label can shop the collection, along with a selection of Margaret's favorite footwear, jewelry and specialty clothing designers.
Now is the perfect time to join the Margaret O’Leary team. As we expand our reach in new markets, there will be promising opportunities for personal growth within the company. Building a talented management and sales team is critical for us. From our boutique teams to our corporate office, we hire talented, fashion-forward and hardworking individuals who are committed to driving business while providing a sophisticated and genuine customer experience. If you are a stylish, personable and dedicated individual, who is excited about building a business while delivering a unique customer experience, we’d love to hear from you.
To submit your resume, please email us for retail store positions at email@example.com or for corporate office inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of: desired position and location. You can also connect with us on LinkedIn. Margaret O’Leary is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
RETAIL STORE POSITIONS
Boston - Assistant Manager
Burlingame - Sales Lead
Denver - Part Time Key Holder
Fillmore - Full Time Sales Lead
Santa Monica - Store Manager
CORPORATE OFFICE POSITIONS
San Francisco - Associate Technical Designer, Sweaters
To provide technical support to Senior Knitwear Designer. This is a part time position.
- To accurately fit a wide range of sweaters on both live model and mannequin.
• To ensure that product meets the desired aesthetic intent in terms of fit and finish.
• To provide accurate and practical technical advice to peers and partners as necessary.
- To accurately measure garments.
- To be able to communicate clearly in English, both verbal and written.
• To write clear and precise fit comments and notes in a timely manner.
• To update the Technical Packages In Excel (Basic Excel Knowledge is necessary)
- To update sketches with correct technical details.
- To CAD sketches into color (moderate Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop knowledge is necessary)
- To remain fully aware of all details related to workload and planned deadlines.
• To assist the Senior Knitwear designer with all aspects leading up to fitting.
• To achieve all tasks in a timely manner.
- To support the needs of the department as necessary.
• To deal with all challenges in a calm and positive manner.
• To uphold the highest standards of integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Must have a moderate-strong knowledge of working with Sweaters and Knits.
- 1-3 years Technical Design experience in knits is a plus!
San Francisco - Design Intern
Currently seeking a creative and energetic Fashion Design intern to assist in all day-to-day design room responsibilities. You will work directly with the Margaret O’ Leary design team, gaining industry experience while having fun! The ideal candidate is passionate about fashion, creative, highly organized, and is attentive to detail. Although this position is unpaid, we’d love if you could join us immediately to begin learning about the industry first hand.
- Start Immediately
- Commit to 20 hours/week
- Some Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office experience
- Location: Margaret O’Leary Corporate Design Room and Office in San Francisco
- Duration: 2 months (can be flexible)
- Positions available: 3 internships
Please send resume to Design@margaretoleary.com (Cover Letter and Portfolio optional)